Saturday, September 5, 2009

One of my best coffee day :D

'Why 're you always fully booked on Saturday?' 's the question my friends always asked me. Umm.. how to answer this question.. the truth 's I always booked myself on that day, hehehe.... I normally spend my Sat with LS. We always go to a farmers' market to buy foods, do brunch, and go to places we 're up to :P
This week, we went to the farmers' market at St.Kilda before going to have brunch at a lovely cafe, called Il Fornaio. I started my day with a latte (Di Bella), which LS valued it as one bean :D Hot chocolate 's very tempting!
LS and I grabbed black pudding & fried eggs w sourdough ($11) while our two friends grabbed french toast w bacon and maple syrup ($10). The black pudding 's meant to be eaten with fried egg and bacon with every bite. While, french toast turned out to be one of the best french toast in town.... yumm... After breakfast, we continued to Cacao, the mother branch. It 's one of the places that I can't resist chocolate, all individual chocolate looks glossy and yummy. I took quite a while to figure out what chocolate should I have before finally settled for smooth and creamy chocolate shot and 'wild passionfruit'.
Our next stop was Toby's estate, a coffee haven. I can sit here all day long :)
Today's cup of excellence 's Mexicana. What does it taste like? Truthfully, I didn't know but I trust LS and followed what she ordered, hehehe... Our short mac turned out fantastic with a mouthful, smooth body, and a punch of tanin right after swallowing. The tanin was lingering there for quite sometime.
LS and I unexpectly went to Bar Etiquette. We just stood outside and studied the drink lists before a guy, walked out of the bar, told us that there is no coffee here! It 's obviously not a place for coffee, lol. LS decided to check it out and mentioned this incident to a bartender. Surprisingly, this bar serve coffee. To end a day in style, I tried coffee here since LS already reached her coffee quota. My coffee was fantastic and valued for money. It tasted like butterscotch which 's highly interesting, considering its main ingredients 're coffee and sherry :P

The rooms upstairs 're cute especially the Asian room (lots of umbrellas on the ceiling). I think here 'll be perfect for my little group hangout. Everyone 'll have something to his/her liking; beers, cocktails, or wines. (Though this bar 's concentrated on beers, judging from the lists) Best of all, it's a BYO food!










1 comment:

  1. woww.. u guy went to many places in one day, the one i interested in is the last place :)
    lets go there tohether some other time!!

    ReplyDelete