Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cuter & Co

55-57 Gertrude St,
Fitzroy, 3065
Tel (03) 9419 4888

I want to go there!... I told FH and LS everytime we pass this restaurant since it opened in 2009.  If my memory serves me correctly, I told them the first time when we walked back home from Gigibaba in Smith Street.
FH booked the place during my Melbourne visit.  So FH, LS, Beansprout, and I went to Cutler&Co on one Saturday evening in July.  Thanks FH! xoxo
Brioche served with Murray River salt and Warrnambool butter.
We all had Mandarin duck ($26) as entree.    crisp leg, smoked fillet, foie gras cigar.  It 's nicely done and we agreed that it's the most delicious dish of tonight.  The cigar 's crisp on the outside and foie gras 's very smooth.  Chared fennel 's nicely compliment the dish.  But what I love most 's the deep fried bit :D

LS and me both had slow roasted pheasant, Brussels sprouts, chestnut and quince ($48).
I loved the taste of this dish.  It seems too much but I enjoyed every bit of it.  There 're 3 parts of pheasant used in this dish; breast, thigh, and drumstick.  The texture and taste 're different.  They 're compliment each other and prevented me from getting bored of eatting the same piece of meat.
Eating brussels sprouts also fun, really.  I equally love braised half brussels sprouts as well as fried brusels sprouts leaves.  The fried one tastes like fried shredded chinese cabbage :D


FH and Beansprout's main course were roasted sucking pig, mustard fruits, braised greens & pearl barley ($43).

For desserts, we shared two dishes ($18 each).  Violet ice cream, chocolate garnarche, sour cherry (left) and Steamed quince and suet gingerbread, rosemary, chestnut ice cream (right). 
Passionfruit chocolate's fabulous.  The sweet and sour of passionfruit 's well cut through the bitterness of chocolate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment