Friday, April 16, 2010

A beauty of piccolo latte

I struggled to buy coffee from coffee strand nearby my workplace. But I can’t come to term with the fact that they steam milk in advance and left the steamed milk in a jug until someone order coffee although I understand why they do it that way. There is always a long queue waiting for their coffee. So, they steam milk in advance to speed up the process. The fact that they use the bean I approved, Campos coffee, doesn’t help the case.
Why don’t I buy from other stand? It‘s the bean issue. I like the beans there more than beans using in other strands. Yes, I know I ‘m choosy :D
This afternoon I came up with a theory that they should make latte art for piccolo since their piccolo cup does not have a lid. Thus, the barista will need a specific steamed milk temperature in order to make latte art so he has to steam milk on the spot with fresh cold milk. The only assumption of this theory is the barista makes latte art according to the book. Lucky me, he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment