Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Brunch without a friend

I went to Gaswork farmers'market last week with LS before had brunch together at Cafe Sweethearts in South Melbourne, LS'default cafe since St.Ali fully packed. After studying a menu, I grabed 'Maxicana' breakfast; muffins topped up with poached eggs with corizo sausage, avocado, baked beans and tomatoes...yumm... For a drink, LS told me coffee here 's nice but it's too hot to drink coffee so I grabed a bottle of lemonade instead :P

While waiting for our late breakfasts, we noticed that all patrons in a cafe are either women came together or family and there was no men do Saturday breakfast together. The conversation went to it 's not a great idea to do Saturday breakfast alone because it seems a little bit sad...
My breakfast arrived at last and looked deliciously beautiful. My first bite was yumm... and I lost conversation because I was too busy eatting. Poached eggs were perfect, the yoak was oozing through sausage and baked beans before I mopped up with muffins. LS didn't bother to ask me whether it's good or not because I mopped up till the last drop :) without conversation.

A week past and it's time to go to a farmers'market again today at Abbotsford Convent. It seems to be my ritual that after shopping at farmers'market I have to have a nice breakfast, today I was thinking about either Hellenic Republic or Cumulus, Inc. Yeah, these places 're totally far apart but my place 's in the middle. So, I went back home to drop off groceries before making decision.

At last, I went to Cumulus Inc. because I want to check at Myer (it was sale today). There I am, at Cumulus Inc at long last. I planned to come here for several month but didn't have a chance either didn't have time or didn't have someone to go there with me.

I know it 's not a good idea to have breakfast alone on Saturday morning but I really want to have a good decent breakfast and so I went. After opened the door, I found a buzzing room, full of people talking and eatting. The first thing came to my mind 's no..it's really not a good idea came here alone, I had no one to talk to while waiting for a table. Ofcourse, I sat at the bar stool since I came alone.

O.K. I know now why everyone not want to go for breakfast alone, there's nothing to do during the waiting time. So, I read newspaper, watched a staff there made fresh grapefruit juice, and looked how other staffs work.
Did I mention that I made up my mind on the way here that I wanted to try 65/65 egg since many people talked about it? 65/65 egg 's an egg boiled at 65 degree for 65 minutes to get a perfect poached egg, the part of poached egg 's my own conclusion, haha.. And, what 's the perfect drink for a nice little breakfast than organic orange juice.

65/65 egg came with smoked salmon, rockets, green oak leave, avocado, capers, dill, apple, and crisp and golden toast. The combination's interesting, I have a bit and piece of all flavours; sweet, sour, bittle, salty, and aroma in one bite as well as soft and crunchy. The egg 's also nice, it's hard enough to form a egg shape but when cutting it egg white 's still running. I mopped up till the last drop as usual :P

Overall, it's alright to give up a friend for a fabulous breakfast just don't forget to bring a book to read while waitting for service...hahaha...

SL 's 'want to go' breakfast list: Hellenic republic, The European, and Balzier






No comments:

Post a Comment