Monday, May 25, 2009

Do I like coffee?

I really don’t like to drink coffee because it always sour and bitter. That’s what I always told my sister when she asked me whether I‘d like to sit and have a cup of coffee with her. But it‘s changing, now I has to have a cup of coffee everyday not because of caffeine but for its aroma. Actually, I feel sleepy after drinking a nice cup of coffee.

My sister asked me when we went to Jasper with LS that I said I don’t like coffee but why I want to try coffee here. A good question but should ask quietly because now there were 3 pairs of eyes looking at me, including Jasper’s staff, they wanted to know my answer. ‘Umm…but these are good coffee beans, I can make an exception’, was my answer. Apparently, it was a good answer because I get an approval from the staff.

The question was which coffee we should drink that day because there were too many choices. So, LS and I literally put our heads in coffee beans buckets to smell which bucket we like most. The winner was Rwanda Cyangugu. It has a banana toffee flavor, pepper spice and cedar scent. We came back there a week later to taste Jamica Blue Mountain which luckily enough that we didn’t like its taste this year (2009), so that we don’t have to but $220/kg. coffee beans.

Days went by; I found my new favorite coffee café within a walking distance from my home, Brother Baba Budan. Coffee there‘s great and the important thing‘s coffee there‘s consistence no matter who’s making my coffee.


Lastest time I went there, I tried a clover machine. As I’m a new coffee lover, I just knew about clover machine when LS told me. Some said this machine’s great to draw flavor from single origin coffee. Starbucks bought a company so there are just a few machines outside Starbucks now. (250+machines around the world ‘s ‘a few’ to my standard…haha...) So, I was curious about it. I noticed BBB’s board that there‘s a word ‘clover’ but didn’t know what it means, silly me :PI was lucky enough that La Esmeralda was on a clover machine that day. This beans itself is really interesting. The staff there was kind to let me smell the freshly ground beans before she put it in the machine. It was citrus scented. After drinking, I tasted a soft acidity and a long after tasted sweet. I found out later that citrus scented in La Esmeralda’s orange and bergamot.

SL 's favorite of all time coffee? That's an easy question. I love Nicarague coffee, it 's smooth with nutty and chocolate flavour. Sometime I like to drink mocha Nicarague though the last time I drank it the chocolate was so strong that it overthrown coffee. So, I ended up drinking chocolate with coffee flavour instead of coffee with chocolate hint. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment